- PhD in Education, with a focus on adult growth and development and teacher professional development
- 30 years as classroom teacher, school principal, district director of technology integration, and teacher educator
- Professional licensure in Elementary Education (1-6), School Principalship (PK-12) and District Leadership (PK-12)
- 12 years as Teacher Educator, Teaching Fellow, and Field Supervisor at Brandeis University, Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Lesley University Graduate School of Education, and Northern Essex Community College
- 11 years in educational consulting and coaching for students, parents and families
- 19 years as parent volunteer in grades PK-12
Welcome to my blog, a place where I offer fresh perspectives in educating children. And by fresh, I mean a mixing-up of the new and unusual, the familiar and the creative, and everything in between.
When I became a parent, I wished there were a place like this blog to get reliable and realistic information about raising and educating children. My husband traveled around the world for work, so some days it seemed as if I were feeling my way down a dark passage by trial and error. And there I was–an experienced teacher with a master’s degree, who could manage classrooms of 25 challenging children–needing help!
Now I’ve come full circle. I enjoy my young adult children, who are thriving in amazing careers.
As a parenting coach, I help parents to do these things:
- Communicate effectively with your child’s school and teachers
- Become an effective partner with your child’s teacher
- Solve thorny problems that affect your child at school
- Learn how and when to step back and release responsibility to your child
- Understand classroom dynamics that affect your child
- Develop your own learning plan for your child
- Figure out why schools do things the way they do, and how it impacts your child
- Choose smart approaches to discipline that teach your child limits
- Infuse joy, pleasure, and fun through play and the arts
- Manage wisely your child’s use of technology
You don’t have to go it alone! I have smart, supportive guidance to offer you and your family.
To learn more, please contact me at Kathy@Education-Spring.com. I look forward to hearing from you.